Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 25

I know I'm a week behind, but I had already started this entry so I figured that I would just post it...and then I will just have to do two this week!  Work has been really busy lately and I just couldn't find the time to finish this before now.

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 25 weeks



Fruit/Veggie: A rutabaga - 13.5 inches long head to toe and weighs almost 1.5 pounds.

Baby changes: Her weight isn't much, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

As your baby grows, she'll take up extra space in your uterus, which means you'll feel her kicks, pokes, and rolls even more now.  Her hands are fully developed at this point, complete with mini fingernails and fingerprints, and are probably keeping busy touching and grabbing her face, feet, and the umbilical cord.

Best Moment this Week: On Friday we had another appointment and since we were getting an extra ultrasound, we decided it would be fun to invite our moms and sisters.  I think they really enjoyed getting to see our little girl in person, and definitely would have stayed there all day if the ultrasound technician had let them!  She wasn't as cooperative as she was last month, but she did give us a Gig 'em, which made all of the Aggies in the room very happy!

Gender: Sweet baby girl!

Movement: I still feel her fairly often, and she is most active at night. 

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.

What I Miss: Running, wine.

Sleep: About the same.

What I am looking forward to: This weekend I'm going to head up to Whitesboro with my parents to visit all of the family up there.  Should be a fun and relaxing weekend.

Symptoms: Still feeling good, getting a little slower and more uncomfortable, and the feet swelling is starting, but still going strong.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I missed you guys last weekend! I sure hope your baby doesn't have hair like that rutabaga!! Or maybe I do! It might be kinda cute! :)

    ReplyDelete