Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 28

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 28 weeks



Fruit/Veggie: A chinese cabbage - 14.8 inches long head to toe and weighs almost 2.25 pounds.

Baby changes: She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Best Moment this Week: We got our crib and our glider chair this weekend and set it all up!  Clint worked hard putting the crib together, I'll post pictures of the room progress so far soon. 

Not a best moment, but I had an appointment on Friday which involved taking my glucose test and getting a Rhogam shot.  I was prepared for the glucose test to be the worst thing ever, so it ended up not being that bad, except I was pretty hungry.  The Rhogam shot definitely hurt, and I'm usually good about shots.
On Friday night we celebrated Father's Day with my family, so it was really good to get everyone together.  And little baby girl kicked for Matt :)

Gender: Sweet baby girl!  I think we're getting closer to a name, but I've probably said that before.

Movement: She's still moving around a lot.  At my appointment her heart beat was going strong and fast - possibly because she was all hopped up on the sugar from the glucose test!

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.

What I Miss: Running, wine, being able to keep up when I walk with people, clothes fitting.

Sleep: About the same.

What I am looking forward to:  We don't really have anything exciting going on this week - I have to work all weekend (my company is French and doesn't care about the 4th of July) so that won't be very fun.  But next week is the annual trip with all of the ladies in Clint's family, so that is something to be excited about!

Symptoms: I'm starting to get more uncomfortable, especially toward the end of the day at work.  I think it's just sitting all day, everything in my stomach just feels all smushed up together...probably because it is.  I'm starting to have more difficulty bending at the waist when I'm trying to go from sitting to standing or laying down to sitting up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment