Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 27

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 27 weeks

 

Fruit/Veggie: A head of cauliflower - 14.5 inches long head to toe and weighs almost 2 pounds.

Baby changes:  She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Best Moment this Week:  We had a busy weekend, which included buying Clint a new car!  He was having some airconditioning issues in his old car which were going to cost a significant amount to repair, so we decided to look into our options on trading his old car in and purchasing a new one.  We drove off the lot Saturday morning with a brand new Chevy Equinox...the funniest part was that the salespeople kept congratulating me on my new car - I guess most times a pregnant lady comes in to buy a new car it's for her, not for her husband :)


We took our hospital tour on Saturday afternoon so we are now fully prepared for Little Miss to come, right? :)  It was a pretty entertaining time, with the most pregnant ladies in one place at one time I have ever seen, and there were some who were all kinds of high maintenance.  I just sat back and let them ask all of the questions, and prayed every time that we got into an elevator that it wouldn't get stuck!

Finally, on Sunday we went out to Tomball for a joint Father's Day/Birthday celebration.  It was a good time with the Pasche's!

Gender: Sweet baby girl!

Movement: She's getting pretty busy at night now.  Last week at Bible study she was shaking my whole stomach, which Clint decided to announce to the entire group.  It was pretty entertaining.   

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.

What I Miss: Running, wine, being able to keep up when I walk with people.

Sleep: About the same.

What I am looking forward to: The crib is in, so I think Mom and Dad are going to pick that up hopefully this weekend...can't wait to set it up and see the bedding in it.

Symptoms: My feet swelling isn't as bad as it was early last week, which is nice because I thought I was done for the rest of the pregnancy.  The heat situation has not gotten any better though...I think my days of sitting in a choir robe on Sunday mornings may be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment