Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 26

Okay, I'm determined to catch up this week!

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 26 weeks


Fruit/Veggie: An English hothouse cucumber - 14 inches long head to toe and weighs almost 1 and 2/3 pounds.  The longest cucumber I've ever seen!

Baby changes: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat.

Your baby has settled into a distinct sleep-wake pattern. You may notice that sometimes she's very active and kicking or punching, and other times she sleeps. If you're lucky, these patterns will mimic yours.

Best Moment this Week: I got to travel up to North Texas with my parents this past weekend to visit my Dad's family.  It was good to see everyone there, especially Grandpa, who promised our litte girl a pair of overalls :)
Gender: Sweet baby girl!

Movement: I still feel her fairly often, and she is most active at night. 

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.

What I Miss: Running, wine.

Sleep: About the same.

What I am looking forward to: This next weekend we are taking our hospital tour, celebrating Father's Day with our families, and Clint's mom's birthday!

Symptoms: The feet swelling is definitely getting worse, and I've turned into the typical pregnant women that is hot all of the time.  I'm assuming that's not going to get any better in the next few months, especially if we keep up these record temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment