Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week 24

Sorry about last week, I was really busy with work!

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week


How Far Along: 24 weeks


Fruit/Veggie: An ear of corn - 12 inches long head to toe (one foot!) and weighs almost 1 pound 4 ounces.

Baby changes:  Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

You might notice that your baby is very busy during the next few weeks. Right now she's small enough to have plenty of room to move and groove in your belly. She may even respond to your soothing voice or the rubbing of your belly by calming down, while loud sounds or a tap on your belly could cause her to become alert. Also, because the balance-controlling inner ear has developed, your baby can finally tell if she's upside down or right side up, so moving around takes on new meaning.


Best Moment this Week: Having a day off!  I think the one activity I did the most of this weekend was sleep, and it was much needed and appreciated.  We also did some baby shopping, which was overwhelming, but at least helps us get a little closer to knowing what we need.

Gender: Sweet baby girl!

Movement: I feel her pretty often, usually at the times of the day when I have finally stopped moving for a bit.  Sometimes you can feel the movements on the outside as well, but most of the time either the movements aren't as strong or she's just kicking me somewhere inside my stomach.  I also think that touching my stomach calms her down and makes her still, which is very frustrating for Clint when he is trying to feel her as well :)

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.

What I Miss: Running, wine.

Sleep: I'm starting to get a little more uncomfortable, and definitely feel the best when I'm on my side...I guess they know what they are talking about when they tell you to start sleeping on your side!

What I am looking forward to: We have an appointment this week, and we get to do another ultrasound!

Symptoms: Still feeling good, getting a little slower and more uncomfortable, but nothing too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment