Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Look Back - Weeks 4 through 13

So now that we are at the half way point in the pregnancy, I was thinking about the progress that this little peanut has made over the last couple of months. It made me look back at some of the fruit/veggie comparisons from the early weeks, and it was really shocking! Since I wasn't posting on the blog then, I thought it would be fun to show weeks 4 - 13 in one post to share the weekly progress with all of you, and give any comments on where we were in the pregnancy at that point.

Week 4 - A poppyseed

This is actually the week that Clint and I found out about the baby! I actually was able to get in to see the doctor because we didn't know how far along I was yet. The appointment confirmed the pregnancy, but it was too early to see the baby, just the tiny little sac.




Week 5 - A sesame seed



Week 6 - A lentil

This week we went back for our second ultrasound, and saw a tiny little speck of something and the super fast flickering dot of the heartbeat. We went that weekend to tell our parents, but swore them to secrecy (which was super hard for all of them!)




Week 7 - A blueberry



Week 8 - A kidney bean

We went back this week for our third ultrasound. I had so many early because we were trying to confirm the due date, which as of this week is officially September 18th. This time we were able to get a really great shot of the baby - you could see tiny little arms and legs, and dark sockets where the eyes were forming. I think it looked like a little gummy bear :)

At this appointment was had our "Twin Scare"...the nurse saw a second little sac, and said the words you don't want to hear in an appointment, "That's interesting, let me go get the doctor". I don't think Clint took a breath until the doctor came in, took a quick glance, and said that it was just a cyst that is common in the early stages of pregnancy and feeds the baby. Ha!


Week 9 - A grape


Week 10 - A kumquat (what is this anyway??)


Week 11 - A fig


Week 12 - A lime

I learned at our appointment this week what a worrier I am...which I'm sure surprises no one in my family!  Let's just say that I was a little anxious about this appointment, probably because I have read too many sad stories, and because my pregnancy up until this point had been super easy and symptom free.  One of the first things the nurse did when we got there was take my blood pressure, which was high for the first time in my life.  Then when she tried to find the heartbeat with the little microphone thingie that they use (not sure what that is called) it took her a bit to find it, only because the little guy/gal was hiding all the way on my right side.  Once we heard the quick heartbeat, I realized that I had been holding my breath the whole time, which I'm sure was not helping my blood pressure issue.  I just burst out laughing with relief, and everything from there was fine.  And when they re-tested my blood pressure I was back in the normal range.



Week 13 - A shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment