Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thoughts from Clint #2

OK, so I know there is a list somewhere of things husbands are not supposed to say to their pregnant wives. I think I've added to that list.

Melissa has been 'showing' for a few weeks now, but in the last couple of days has really starting to look "pregnant". Of course there are all kind of emotions and hormones flying around (Melissa has been awesome, by the way, and has done nothing I would deem 'crazy'...yet :)) and she was talking about how she was feeling and looking bigger - generally just feeling down. And I smartly, trying to make her feel better say, "Well, what did you expect?"

Not good, Clint. Not good.

She just kind of looked at me.

Dang it..."I guess that was one of the things that I am not supposed to say, huh?" And then she started laughing...whew...my wife has a great sense of humor!

We had our first registry experience a week or so ago. We were walking around aimlessly in Babies R Us looking pretty lost and decided we needed a checklist guide of things you needed to register for. We figured that the registry desk would have something like that. So we started talking to them and decided to go ahead and "just sign-up" so we could get the free spiral notebook that had the list in it. And then the lady handed us the scanner...

We had no idea what we wanted and now felt the pressure of having this scanner in our hands. So, now our registry contains an infant car seat base and a changing pad. Literally, that's all we registered for! Not even an entire car seat, just the base! I sheepishly walked the scanner back really quickly to the lady and then scurried away - as if she was going to pull our account up on the screen, criticize us and then take away our purple spiral notebook.

I know there have been at least three other moments where we've been somewhere, said something funny and laughed - I throw up my hand and say remember this for the blog! Melissa is no help, I guess she is excused given her current "state". But pregnancy is a pretty funny thing and we are enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment