Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 16

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 16 weeks



Fruit/Veggie: An Avocado (about 4.5 inches long and weighs 3.5 ounces)

Baby changes: His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


Tiny bones forming in baby's ears means he can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.


Best Moment this week: On Thursday it seemed like we were going to have a slow weekend, but by Friday afternoon we had decided to meet up with friends for dinner Friday night and then go to Round Top (again) on Saturday. Clint was sad about missing out the weekend before, so we made a day trip out of it, but came home with an empty car. We did eat some good BBQ and ice cream though!


Gender: Not yet, one month! There is this thing called the Chinese Gender Chart that is supposed to predict the gender...one of those things I tend to not believe in but is eerily right most of the time. We have been feeling like it's a boy, but the Chinese Gender Chart says girl, so I've been doubting myself. But this weekend we found out about someone who found out they are having the opposite of the chart! So all of you with boy votes, you may still be right!

Movement: Not yet, but they say starting this week it is possible...I most likely won't be able to feel anything until closer to 20 weeks, but I can always hope!

Food Cravings: Same as before, still wanting carbs. I'd really like for something crazy to kick in though, something I can make Clint go get for me in the middle of the night :)


What I Miss: I've started having the occasional longing for a beer...which is odd since I thought I would miss a glass of wine first. I think just because it's cold and refreshing, especially on a nice day.


Sleep: Getting a little less comfortable, mainly because I've hit the point where they say you shouldn't sleep on your back any longer and it's hard to stay on my side all night. I don't think the cats quite understand why I keep disturbing their sleep by flipping from side to side.

What I am looking forward to: I have an appointment on Wednesday which is always exciting. We should get to hear the heartbeat again and set up the big 20 week appointment. I'll let you guys know how it goes. And this weekend one of my best friends is getting married, so I'm excited about a fun filled weekend celebrating with her!

Symptoms: I still feel good. I did have my first case of finger swelling after being outside all day Saturday. We got in the car to go home and I couldn't get my Aggie ring off until I put my hand in front of the air vents for a while. Hopefully it wasn't a sign of things to come!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love that swelling!! :) It's fun keeping up with the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands were swollen last week after walking around Round Top, too (and I'm definitely NOT pg!) I hope you don't have too much trouble with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My chinese gender chart was WRONG! Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete