Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 14

So now that our big news is officially out of the bag (what's more official than facebook?), I thought it would be fun to keep everyone up to date on the progress of the little peanut. I've seen a couple of blogs do this and I think it sounds like a really fun way to not only connect everyone with my progress, but also to be able to look back on the whole pregnancy. So here goes!

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 14 weeks

Fruit/Veggie: A Lemon (about 3.5 inches long and weighs 1.5 ounces)

Baby changes: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little one's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.

Best Moment this week: Clint's sister, Megan, and her husband, Clay, came home from being in Belgium for two years this weekend! We had a great night Friday getting to spend time with them and the rest of the Pasche and Sandoz family. Clint and I are so lucky that we have such great families and it's really fun to spend time with them, especially during an exciting time like this.

It's also been a huge relief for me that everyone in our life knows about my pregnancy (work, church) and I don't have to worry quite as much about how my new waistline looks in my clothes :)

Gender: We won't know for another 6 weeks, but Clint and I are both feeling boy.

Movement: Not yet, but I am very excited about this.

Food Cravings: None really, haven't had any significant ones the whole time. I'm really thirsty and have been wanting tart drinks like lemonade. I eat a lot more bread and carbs than usual, and cereal every morning for breakfast first thing after my shower.

What I Miss: I'm good so far, I guess knowing my clothes will fit.

Sleep: Still good, and still needing lots of it!

What I am looking forward to: Really showing, this in between stage is kind of awkward, and I'm running out of clothes to wear!

Symptoms: I really can't complain, I have had a really easy pregnancy so far. I'm starting to get more headaches, almost like caffeine headaches, but I pretty much stopped drinking coffee entirely at around 6 weeks, so I don't think that's why they have started recently.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I still think "Pasche Project" works for the pregnancy...it IS a project of sorts. :)

    Even non-prego Houstonians are complaining of headaches recently, and most attribute them to the rise in pollen. I think the trees are trying to kill all of us and take over the city. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And, I agree with Kathy, I think the "Pasche Project" is a great name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name, too. It's a wonderful project: requires a partnership, fully supported by a team, and will yield a magnificent result! As to the expanding waistline ..neon one notices because they are too busy looking at your glowingly beautiful face! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you'll be doing this update on the wee one. I agree with you and Clint that it's a boy. Of course I guessed I would have a boy when I was pregnant with Kaylee and look how that turned out. So what do I know!! :)

    ReplyDelete