Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Stage 5: SHEETROCK

Today starts a major MAJOR step in finishing our remodel...SHEETROCK!

I met with the workers yesterday to go over everything that needed to be done (which is a lot), and one of the tasks that we were not aware of that was still left to do was to remove the wallpaper glue from the laundry room. So, last night brought a quick trip to Lowe's to purchase glue remover, and then a scrub fest.

It started off not so bad, but, like everything else, got to be much more like work than fun as the night went on.

Let's just say that at one point I seriously considered whether it would just be easier for us to wallpaper over it. :)

Anyway, we completed that task last night which allowed the sheetrockers to start this morning. I went and checked on them during lunch and was a little frustrated to find that they had been a slightly overzealous in their assessment of what needed to be done. Even though we had specifically told them that we only wanted certain rooms to be repaired because we had no plans, or budget money for that matter, to have every room repainted, I arrived to find that every room in the house had huge circles drawn over even the smallest of dings and dents which are totally normal in a house that is 60 years old. You can't really be that mad though when you ask the supervisor about it and his explanation is "My boss told me to make it perfect for Mr. Walton's daughter". Oh well, make lemonade, right? On to the paint store to pick out new paint colors!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm right there with you. I recently took on the task of trying to get wallpaper paste off of just the border area of Bobby's room and it was SOOOOOOOO frustrating. I never did feel like I really got it off very well so I just painted over it and called it DONE!!! I'm glad you made it through that part!

    ReplyDelete