Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 36

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 36 weeks


Fruit/Veggie: A crenshaw melon - over 18.5 inches long head to toe and weighs almost 6 pounds.

Baby changes:  She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.  At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term.

The layer of fat your baby has rapidly been putting on has now rounded out her face. Her sucking muscles, which are quite powerful, have also finished developing now, and are ready for their first real feeding -- your baby's going to be hungry soon after she arrives.


Best Moment this Week: This was another shower-filled weekend for me, except I was hosting instead!  I spent the weekend at Lake Conroe celebrating my sweet friend Heidi and her upcoming wedding in October.  We had a really fun girls weekend that involved lots of food and pool time.

We went last week and did a quick ultrasound to see how she is positioned.  She's head down and facing backwards, which means she is ready!  No other substantial progress...now we just wait to see when she wants to arrive.


Gender: Clara Jacqueline

Movement: I still feel her a lot, and it's fun now that we know she is head down because I can tell for sure if it's a leg or an arm.

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.  I do feel like I'm getting a lot hungrier again.

What I Miss: Running, wine, being able to keep up when I walk with people, clothes fitting. 

Sleep: About the same, getting more uncomfortable and restless.  It takes a lot more effort to roll over!

What I am looking forward to: We will have weekly appointments from now on, so it will be fun to see each week if there is any progress or not.  And we have a wedding shower for my friend Ashley who is getting married in October.


Symptoms: Still the same, getting really tired and slow and feeling huge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment