Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 32

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week

How Far Along: 32 weeks



Fruit/Veggie: A large jicama - 16.7 inches long head to toe and weighs almost 3.75 pounds.

Baby changes:  You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
Best Moment this Week: Our first shower!  Kathy and Ashley threw a fantastic shower on Saturday.  We got a lot of great things and cute clothes - we are definitely very lucky to have such supportive family and friends!

Gender: Sweet baby girl! Still working on a name, but I think we are really close.

Movement: She's still active, hasn't run out of space yet.  I try really hard to guess if I'm being kicked or punched, and which way she is positioned, but I have no idea.

Food Cravings: Still the same, nothing too exciting.

What I Miss: Running, wine, being able to keep up when I walk with people, clothes fitting.  I've started outgrowing some of my early maternity shirts...that can't be a good sign :)

Sleep: About the same.

What I am looking forward to: We have another pretty unplanned weekend coming up, so hopefully we will get some more work done on the nursery and rest of the house.  August is going to be really busy so I will definitely enjoy having a weekend that isn't too crazy. 

Symptoms: Pretty good, starting to get a little more uncomfortable by the end of each day.  The heartburn has started to kick in some days, and I'm back to being pretty tired most of the time.  But all things considered, I really can't complain. 

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun shower! You're looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great fun to co-host the shower with Ashley and to see yours and Clint's smiling faces! I might need to borrow your early maternity shirts now, though...just finished off the last of the leftover cake and hummus...ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete